Southwestern Community Services is kicking off this new year in a very positive and healthy way! Our SCS Booster Club has been working with Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth Hitchcock Keene and their Healthy Monadnock program and ha pledged SCS as an Organization Champion! The pledge is:
“SCS believes providing a healthy work environment is important for the health and wellness of our employees and also for the health of our community.”
Organizational Champions Commit to “3-4-50%”
3 Behaviors: physical inactivity, poor diet and tobacco use, lead to 4 Diseases: cancer, heart disease & stroke, type 2 diabetes and lung disease, which result in more than 50% of deaths.
Our goal in becoming Organization Champions is to help SCS employees improve these three behaviors by making changes to our work environment that will benefit YOU and SCS.
Our Champions banner will be arriving soon and will be located above the door as you enter the lobby. As our worksite meets CMC/DHK criteria for 3-4-50% initiative, we will receive badges to put on our banner. This indicates to us and to the community that we ARE a worksite wellness champion!
The 5 Badges: Tobacco Free; Physically Active; Well Nourished; Family Friendly, and Building Resilience.
- If you’ve noticed “TAKE THE STAIRS” posters, they are part of the Physically Active Badge! Each month we will change posters to help keep you motivated to do this!
- On the BOOSTER BULLETIN BOARD (located on the right wall as you enter the mail-room) you will now find a STRETCH of the MONTH to do anytime / anyplace… at your desk or in your office!
- In support of the Well Nourished Badge, we’re posting a VEGGIE of the MONTH and two recipes as we encourage everyone to try something new!
- Beginning January 6th we are implementing FRESH FRUIT FRIDAYS to offer a healthy choice to our beloved donuts!
- AND coming soon… information on CMC/DHK 5K Training Program for the Organizational Champions 5K Walk or Run on Saturday April 15, 2017… YES! SCS Nation has joined as a team!
On behalf of the SCS Booster Club, we look forward to bring new ideas and encouragement for small changes and healthy practices to support the health and wellness of all of us here at SCS! Worksite Wellness Chamions… Indeed!