Social & Emotional Coach
Who We're Looking For...
The Social & Emotional Coach is responsible for coaching all teaching staff for the implementation of the Pyramid model (CSEFEL Framework) to fidelity for supporting the behavioral/social/emotional health of all children enrolled in the SCS Head Start program. The Coach will be familiar of Head Start Performance Standards, CSEFEL Framework and will be available for staff on a regular basis. The Coach will be available for parents to offer strategies/techniques, and resources to support social skills and emotional wellness of children at school as well as at home. The Coach will develop goals in collaboration with teachers to increase teacher competence and development. The Coach will be role model with the use of positive language, execution of a strategy, or guidance teachers may need to increase positive teacher child interactions. The Coach is responsible for providing ongoing support for creating environments that are conducive to ensuring happiness, building self-esteem, fostering secure attachments, and sense of wonder. The Coach will work collaboratively with the Behavior Specialist/Disabilities Services Manager and the Education Services Manager. The Coach is open for acquiring continuing education to stay current and to help the program implement the best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education with extensive knowledge of Child Development.
- Be able to apply professional knowledge and work with adult learners.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Be willing to travel within Cheshire and Sullivan Counties.
- Creativity, flexibility, and a positive attitude working with children, staff and families
- Extensive experience working and communicating with culturally, linguistically, developmentally age diverse groups.
- Prior experience on working with low-income families and children in educational settings with strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of CSEFEL Framework and expectations are preferred. Training will be provided on CSEFEL if not.
- Knowledge of Practice Based Coaching model is preferred; however, training will be provided.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, conflict resolution skills including the ability to work as part of a team, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, receive and provide feedback, and manage dynamic interchanges in meetings.
How to Apply...
Applications will be taken until the positions are filled
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three letters of recommendation to:
Gabriela Nelson, Behavior Specialist/Disabilities Services Manager
63 Community Way, PO Box 603 Keene NH 03431
Email Submission preferred. No phone calls please.
SCS is an EOE and a Partner of the United Way.